So you have created a lead magnet and you are asking "Now What?"
Now you need a way to give it away.
The best tip is to create a download page for your content upgrade. You will want to redirect your new email subscribers to this page, after they confirm their signup.
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a download landing page step-by-step.
Bonus: Download a free checklist of the first plugins that I always install on a new WordPress Blog.
- Thrive Content Builder
- Self-Hosted WordPress Blog
- A pdf document
- Create a new page
- Save Draft
- Click on 'Edit With Thrive Content Builder'
- Click on 'Thrive Land Pages'
- Click on 'Choose Landing Page'
- On left under Filter Check next to 'confirmation page'
- Choose your confirmation page design
- Click on Load Landing Page
- Add your logo
- Edit Step 2 with the email subject line and from name
- Make any other desired changes
- Click Save Changes
- Publish your page
- Don't forget to link the disclaimer page in the footer
- Don't forget to add your business name in the footer where it currently says ACME
A tip from: Ascend Marketing Solutions about creating lead magnets
Tie your lead magnet to a single problem you solve. Every web searcher is looking for one thing…to solve an immediate and pressing problem.
Whether it’s to rid disease…improve a relationship…find a good fit for a martial arts instructor…or buy the best blender for making smoothies. People want to make smart decisions about solving day-to-day challenges. And they’ll do just about anything to get their hands on that one solution that helps them in that effort.
But here’s the key….
You must keep your lead magnet focused!
This is such an important point that Jerry makes in this post. The key to a worthy content upgrade is to be hyper specific.
This can be challenging because we want to share so much, we have so much to say. However, by solving a simple problem super quick, we provide even more value.
As a final note, you will want to no index your download page. This is likely not a page that you want the search engines to index.
This is a page that you want to be exclusively for your new email subscribers.
Now that you know how to create your download page, I hope that you create many helpful content upgrades.