At the time of writing this tutorial, I am hosting six of my sites on my Plus Just Host account.
[su_note note_color=”#e9e7e4″ radius=”6″]Note: It is important to note that there seems to be significant difference in page speed and reliability between a Just Host Reseller account and a Plus JustHost account. I highly recommend a Plus account for all of your blogging efforts.[/su_note]
Before you start this tutorial, you will need the following:
- A Just Host account
- A domain name (aka URL or web address or site – depends on point-of-view)
If you have not yet purchased a Just Host account, I would appreciate a clickety on the linked image below. You will not pay more money for your hosting account but I will get a small referral kiss, which helps me fund tutorials like these.
[su_note note_color=”#e39840″ radius=”6″]When you sign up for Just Host it is important to immediately document the username and password for your cPanel. [/su_note]
About domain names
When you sign up with Just Host for the first time, you will get a free domain name. If you already purchased your domain name, then take advantage of this by choosing either a spinoff of your domain (like a .net or .party or .coffee – yeah, baby!) that you could point to or buy your own legal name. It is a free domain name, so you may as well take advantage of this offer.
10 reasons why you should own it
- It makes you look like the professional that you are.
- YOU will have control over your content and design.
- You will have a professional email account: [email protected] for example, instead of [email protected]
- You can use a premium theme.
- Advertisers are more likely to tie in and buy ad space on your blog if the URL is your own.
- Why spend time building great SEO on a website that isn’t yours?
- Sites like Blogger and WordPress can turn it off at anytime for any reason that they choose.
- Sometimes you need https:// for secure shopping purposes.
- Unless you’re using self-hosted WP, your plugin options are limited.
- If a better platform/theme/skin comes along, you can change with the times.
Listen to the Podcast to hear what I had to say about each one of these.
Read my full series on owning your domain name here:
Why I like Just Host[su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#fc5b4b”]
- I have had chats with Just Host on New Year’s Eve, major holidays and just randomly during the week. Every time they were extremely helpful and friendly. Customer service matters a great deal to me and I have always been pleased.
- When it comes to my Plus JustHost account, I have had very little downtime.
- The price is perfect for someone just starting out.
Just Host features